In 1923, Harry Warner of Warner Bros. studios, commissioned this 8 bedroom 5.5 bath, 5,555 sqft Hancock Park Georgian Colonial-style Mansion. Built on a 29,400 sqft lot, this historic home features include Detached Guest House, Pool, Private clay Tennis Court and maple paneled screening room. H.M. Warner House is located on prestigious Rossmore Ave. in between 5th and 6th Street. The home was designed by A. Burnside Sturges, and is a Windsor Square- Hancock Park Historical Society Landmark (#92).
Warner stayed in the house only a few years. He sold the property shortly after it was built to raise capital to finance a film- “The Jazz Singer” (1927), starring Al Jolson. It was followed by Warner Bros. classics “The Maltese Falcon” (1941), “Casablanca” (1942), and “Rebel Without a Cause” (1955).